8.11.2010

Underneath the Surface



X-rays of flowers by Hugh Turvey.

Complex and very much alive are things that come to my mind when looking at these beautiful x-rays. They're definitely a different way of using the (medical) tool invented by Wilhelm Röntgen.






























I think that these x-rays are just another form of photography, even though there is probably less effort envolved with lighting I'm guessing. I wonder if many other photographers have explored this form of photography, and what their subjects could have been.

After seeing the images I couldn't help but think about the use of x-ray images in fashion, because I know they're there and already exist, which made me want to know more, and see more interpretations of it. So I did the obvious thing and went to lookbook.nu.


Denise Teoh



Sara L.
(The body is from blackmilkclothing.com)




Carlos G.



Aoife C.


As for why the comments have been set to moderation, I have to work during the day and do homework in the evenings which leaves me with little time to do blogposts and read and reply to comments :(. If there's something you really want to say/react to instantely, you can always email me at limitlessfashion @ ymail.com :).


Source - trendland.net
To read more about Hugh Turvey and how he came to make taking x-rays an artform click here!

Love,
LF


weheartit

Bloglovin & Twitter

2 comments:

Misery said...

not everyone would rock this skeleton-swimsuit (or whatever that was, haha). I definitely liked the very last photo - this dress, most - awesome. for some reaons these x-ray photos of flowers made me think about J-rock! wonder why...

it's good that you're back after holiday :)

Hannah Nunn said...

Those flower xrays are amazing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails