9.11.2009

Back to the 80's..Again

marc jacobs, marc by marc jacobs, runway, show,fashionshow,80's,80's fashion@limitlessfashion
Marc Jacobs Fall '09


I love the 80's. Fashion was so fearless, colourful, and crazy. In a good way, and bad I suppose. -Here's some of the good:

1.Sequins, off course
2.Colour Block
3.Cropped jackets
4.Sweaters
5.Stone/Acid washed denim

Sequins

Sequins are the cheapest form of embellishment, and one of my favourites. When done right sequins can look absolutely fabulous, but if done wrong can look like an 80's trainwreck.
80's,80's fashion,style@limitlessfashion
(Nastygal vintage)

80's,80's fashion,style@limitlessfashion
(Niina Klo)

Colour Block
I think c0lour block should be confined to dresses, they always look the best... although this Modcloth tee is quite fantastic .
Colour block styles are easy because they don't need a lot of accessories etc. because it will look a bit packed. -I love this one by
Alice+Olivia:
80's,80's fashion,style@limitlessfashion
(Olice+Olivia - Net-a-Porter)

80's,80's fashion,style@limitlessfashion
(Modcloth)

Cropped jackets
Cropped jackets seem to do something magical. They toughen up all outfits and make the waist look slimmer. What more could you want from it?

80's,80's fashion,style@limitlessfashion
Twenty8Twelve - Revolve

Sweaters
Yes, I know sweaters didn't get invented during the 80's, but there were significantly more people wearing them for some reason. I love versions with sequins/embellishment on them, as you might have noticed:
80's,80's fashion,style@limitlessfashion
(Nastygal vintage)

80's,80's fashion,style@limitlessfashion
(H&M)


Stone/Acid wash Denim
I really like stonewashed denim, it exudes rock chick but when paired with a powder pink top transforms into rock-chic, style I adore. Pair them with pretty much anything!
80's,80's fashion,style@limitlessfashion
(Nudie jeans - Needsupply)


As you may have noticed I haven't mentioned big shoulder(pad)s, I haven't because I define them as the "bad" fashion from the 80's. I truly dislike the exaggerated shoulder. Why? I don't know really, haha.

X

2 comments:

mel said...

i prefer 60s actually.but allright what i like in the 1st pic is natasha poly's hair! ;)

MDSTYLING said...

Ik houd vooral van de sequins & cropped jackets!

Related Posts with Thumbnails