7.23.2009

F/W trends

I adore fall. When I think of autumn images come to my mind of red, brown and yellow coloured leaves, cold crisp wind that blow through my thin blond hair..and draping! One of my favourite fall trends. Now I know it's July still, but I feel like sharing my 6 favourite F/W trends. *Click on the images to see an extra image!*



1.Blues&Purples
Blue&purple were the most prominent colours on the runway alongside grey, black and nude colours. Also known as Indigo colours, the blues&purples look great on any skintone, especially on paler women. I adore navy colours so this is definitely a f/w must for me. I think I'm going to pair my indigo colours with black&grey this f/w.
Photobucket
Spotted on the runways of:Louis Vuitton, Versace, Jil Sander, Vivienne Westwood, Proenza Schouler, Carlos Miele, Emporio Armani.

2.Silk,Satin&flowing fabric
Silk and satin immediately add a sense of luxury to an outfit. Luxury is one of the key aspects in this year's f/w shows, noticeable by all the velvet, satin, silk and flowing fabrics on the runways. Not only does this trend look luxurious but also very feminine. Combine them with "tougher" items like a leather jacket, for a contrasting look.
Photobucket
Spotted on the runways of:Louis Vuitton, Moschino, Oscar de la Renta, Kriza, Gucci, Francesco Scognamiglio, Dsquared²(seperate post coming soon).

3.Leather
Leather has been a trend throughout s/s and has carried on this season. Besides leather jackets, there are now leather skirts, tops and all kinds of other clothing. Fendi created a beautiful bustier out of (what appears to be) leather (click). I am certainly going to hunt down the perfect leather jacket this fall. I can't decide which colour however, black or grey? What do you think?
limitlessfashion
Spotted on the runways of: DKNY, Emanuel Ungaro, Viktor&Rolf, Max Mara, YSL,Phi, Hermès, Fendi, Dries van Noten.

4.Strong Shapes
Strong shapes exude a sense of power but can still look feminine as you can see in the 2nd and 3rd images from Jonathan Saunders and Rick Owens. Jonathan Saunders' creation may not look as "strong" as the others but the slightest sight of (harsh) angles can create a strong shape(the neckline&sleeves in J.S).
http://limitlessfashion.blogspot.com/
Spotted on the runways of:Jil Sander, Nina Ricci, Maison Martin Margiela, Jonathan Saunders, Calvin Klein, Rick Owens.

5.Draping
Draping is by far my favourite f/w trend. It looks so soft, feminine and yet strong. I especially like pink and nude-coloured drapings, why I don't know, I suppose the colours add even more femininity. Another plus is that it flatters all body types seeing as there are so many different versions of it, tighter types, or loose fitting silky drapings.
Photobucket
Spotted on the runways of:Lanvin, Balenciaga by Nicolas Ghesquiere, Salvatore Ferragamo, Donna Karan, Carlos Miele(my favourite f/w show, see more of it here)

6.Knits
Knits are always spotted on the f/w catwalks, but Missoni certainly took it further this time. This years Missoni show consisted of almost only knitting. Knits are ideal for f/w because they add that extra warmth during colder days whilst looking fabulous, and they're iedeal for layering. If you don't have lots to spend on knits I encourage you to have a look at h&m, they have some great knits this season!
Photobucket
Spotted on the runways of:
Missoni, Diane von Fürstenberg, Rodarte, Kenzo, Mulberry, Hermès, Vivienne Westwood Red Label, Dries van Noten.


©by me unless otherwise noted.
X

1 comment:

La Couturier said...

I do love fall too - it's such a versatile season!

Do enter my Current/Elliott jeans giveaway here (http://lacouturiernyc.wordpress.com/2009/07/25/a-one-year-celebration-giveaway/. Simply write your own "petite novella" (or short fashion fiction) about the outfit you/a character would wear incorporating those jeans & leave it in the comments! Have fun, be creative - you have a week!

bisous,
La C.

Related Posts with Thumbnails